This Effective Supervision course provides staff responsible for supervising a team with the skills and knowledge required to become an Effective Supervisor. It provides them with the knowledge, understanding and ability to identify and embed roles, manage their team and take responsibility for the activity that they are responsible for. It also looks at ways of addressing any challenges they are faced with during supervision and explores strategies to overcome these, Delegates will leave the course feeling confident, empowered and able to embark on their duties with a positive attitude.
- Describe the scope, purpose and importance of supervision to meet CQC compliance
- Explain key principles of effective supervision
- Roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for the processes
- Expected behaviours to make this a positive and productive process
- How to identify and assess any gaps in knowledge and understanding
- How to address any gaps in a positive way that builds confidence in the supervisee
- Utilising a reflective approach whilst maintaining compliance within employment law
- Importance of confidentiality, feedback and record keeping
- The role of reflective practice
Please note that ‘Live Learning’ and ‘Virtual Face to Face Learning’ use online video conferencing which has become the norm following the Covid-19 outbreak. This requires fully functioning cameras and mics to enable the training to be delivered effectively and to avoid delay or disturbance to others. Kindly check sound and cameras prior to commencing the course.
This is an Open Course so can be booked by individuals as well as groups (up to 15).